Our workshop have been running for 3 years. Typically run over a weekend with additional top up days also available. The course initially focusing on geometry and jig set up right through to finishing and fitting parts and riding away. Workshop are maximum of 4 people at a time, our house bamboo beer is supplied at the end of each day!
Below is a list of the workshop options. Please note: For two day workshop we provide a complete finishing guide to help you fitting up at home.
The workshop FAQ below explain some key questions for more detailed, Please view our FAQ page.
What style of frame can you build
You can build any style of frame within reason! we’ve built the following bikes, Road, Hybrid, Track, Fat, MTB, Tandem, Cyclocross, Electric, Boat, and quite a few other variations!
Can I fit racks, mudguards, bottle cages?
Yes, all our frames can be fitted with most accessaries. Over the years we have developed lots of techniques and workaround that make most metal/carbon frame com compatible with bamboo.
Can I sign up for a 2 day workshop and then come back over evenings or another day.
We run evening and alternative weekend session for finishing your frame. Allowing people to finish their frames at a time that suits them.
How do I book a course
Our course are run once a month. If you e-mail us we can let you know what availability we have. We require a £150.00 deposit to hold your place
What about components?
Customers can either use a donor bike or purchase new or used parts. We provide a parts service and can supply most manufactures. We also offer a wheel building service for £20.00 per wheel.
What our customers say
- I wanted to say many thanks for the workshop last weekend. I really appreciate the time, advice, help and chat over the weekend .. and, even though I like completing things, I look forward to the next steps of finishing the frame, building the bike, adjusting it I and then riding it. I liked the balance you struck between helping and leaving us to get on: I liked how sometimes it was all about the bike and other times it was just about other things: with good food and music thrown in. Aidan - Weekend Workshop
- workshop this weekend – very well set-up and great fun! Tim - Weekend WorkshopGreat Fun
- I’ve been riding it for two months now and I’ve lost count of the times strangers have asked me about it. I’ll admit to being terrified the first time I went down a steep hill, but the bamboo tubes and my handiwork with the glue remain sound. The bike is light and flexible and rides really well. Rob Penn – Author of All about the Bike – FT.
- I'd like to say thank you for the workshop this weekend, I really enjoyed it and can't wait to get riding soon! William - Weekend Workshop
- Despite never having worked on bikes let alone build a bike! I never imaged I could build my own! The workshop was good fun and I learnt some useful skills. For someone that works behind a desk it was great to be using my hands! I've been riding the bike to work everyday. It's fast and lightweight, perfect for my daily commute Imogen Edmonds - Weekend Workshop
- As the course went along. I started off thinking the finished thing should be sanded, polished and seamless. But as I got into the process of making it, I came to love its bulbous joints and wonky brake bridge. I carefully selected those tubes. I lovingly wrapped those joints. I didn't want to hide the imperfections – to me, they're beautiful....A masterpiece. A bit rough around the joins, but an incredibly satisfying masterpiece. Derren Kisner Weekend Workshop
- It's unflippinbelievably good! Karl McCracken - Home build kit builder
- I thought the whole process and workshop was great experience and friendly/personal touch.The teams way of working with people and approach, teaching from engineering background was really good...I really got a lot out of – and opened my mind to new ideas...I learned a lot about bicycle building. James Roberts - Weekend Workshop
- At the end of the workshop, each bike reflected the personality of whoever had made it. Some were lean and sporty. Others were pristine, methodically made and expertly finished. My bike is charmingly flawed, clearly the work of someone who charges into things without thinking them through and then hopes for the best. The bike is me. I don’t think I could love it any more than I do. Stuart Heritage – Guardian
- They also cycle well. I take James's bike for a spin and the ride is light, stiff and smooth thanks to bamboo's ability to dampen vibration. Impressive, considering I target every pothole - James Stewart – Guardian
- Thanks for a great weekend. Really enjoyed it a lot. Still picking the glue off my arms. It's a great fun bike to ride, found my legs are a blur at 26 mph! Stuart - Weekend Workshop